It’s universally agreed that Monday is the worst day of the week. We’d all rather just skip Monday and start the week on Tuesday. That’s why Book Babbles and Blues and Olivia Chanel clasped their hands together and created Moody Book Monday. Even though Mondays suck, books don’t and we can still make Monday a little better by blogging about our favorite bookish stuff. We will talk about our favorite recommendations, make lists and ramble away about things going on in the book world. However, there’s more: Moody Book Monday is also all about guest posts! So I, Amy, will be uploading my post on Olivia’s blog and vice versa and you can participate too. Hit up a collab-exchange with your favorite blog, or if you want to join our little exchange, leave a comment or hit us up with an email. Let’s all try to make Monday a little better, yeah?
It’s Amy from Book Babbles and Blues for my first Moody Book Monday post. How exciting! Today I want to talk about quotes. As someone who loves words and what words can do, I’m always keeping an eye open for a beautiful phrase. When I’m reading on my e-reader I highlight them, and when I have my nose in a paperback book, I put a sticky note between the pages so I can find it back. When you come across a really beautiful phrase, it does things to you. It makes you want to write it down everywhere, use it as your bio on Twitter, or even get a tattoo of it (still dreaming of getting that one tattoo done some day). It crawls into your chest, opens up your heart and nestles itself inside it. It makes you think about the world and life or it can you make really sad and melancholically. Or, and those are my favorite, they make you go: “me too!” So without further ado, I present to you 7 of my favorite book quotes.
- “We live and breathe words. It was books that made me feel that perhaps I was not completely alone. They could be honest with me, and I with them.” – Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
- “Broken souls are mended every day by mended souls that were once broken.” – Fuel the Fire by Krista and Becca Ritchie
- “I would have written you, myself, if I could put down in words everything I want to say to you. A sea of ink would not be enough.” “But you built me dreams instead.” – The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- “She soared above the ground, and he kept her tethered to the earth. Without him she would be lost among the clouds.” – Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
- “Moroi shied from the sunlight but as I watched Sydney, I knew without a doubt that humans had been made for the sun.” – The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead
- “The world makes things for each place. Fish for the sea, Rocks for the mountain skies, and girls with sun in their skin and perfect aim for a desert that doesn’t let weakness live.” – Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton
- “Have you ever asked yourself, do monsters make war, or does war make monsters?” – Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
I hope you enjoyed these quotes, have you read any of these books or are you dying to? What are some of your favorite quotes? Let us know down below in the comments! You can check out Olivia’s picks here.
About The Blogger
Amy is a 20-year-old booknerd who spends her free time reading, writing and crocheting. She likes love stories, strong female characters and swoon worthy fictional boys. You can wake her up in the middle of the night for either chocolate or a vacation. Check out her blog here.