Welcome readers! Today I have a little fun post for you all, a list of some of my bookish bucket list goals. You know those things you just really want to achieve at least once in your life, no matter how silly or impossible they sounds. I do think some of these are more achievable than others, but I’m holding out hope for all (because I’m nothing if not a dreamer honestly). These goals are a mix of writing, blogging and reading goals but in once way or another, they all have something to do with books. Maybe you have some of the same goals as I do!
- Read 100 books in a year. This goal is silly because I’m a slow reader who has a hard time concentrating, meaning I doubt me reading 100 books in a year will ever happen since I’ve read 50 a year at the most. However, if I live until I’m 80 this might change so I’m still having it as a life goal. One year my friends, one year it’ll come true.
- Be named in the acknowledgments section in a book. For this to ever come true I’d probably have to be friends with an author, and since I don’t really have that many friends I don’t see this as a huge possibility, but dreams, am I right? No, but honestly I’d love to one day just be one of my friend’s biggest supporters when it comes to their books, their success is my happiness honestly. Maybe I’m just vain for having this as something I want to happen to me, but we’re being honest here and it’d just be really cool.
- Reach 100 followers on my book blog. Most of the time I don’t care much about numbers, they stress me out at times, but reaching 100 followers on my blog seems like a really special step so if that day comes I know I will be celebrating it.
- Finish writing one of my manuscripts. I have been writing for ages but have never actually finished a draft. I could blame it on a bunch of things, some reasons probably more legit than others, however, one day I am going to finish one of my manuscripts whenever that day will be.
- Publish a book. After I finish one of my manuscripts, edit, rewrite it and whatnot I really want to publish it. I have stories I want to tell and people I want to maybe one day inspire. I want to publish a book that is going to make people feel good about themselves and their identity because that is really important to me.
- Be a beta reader for someone. I would love to one day be a beta reader for someone, but the thought scares me. I’m not a native English speaker so I’m afraid I might not be able to help the writer as much as they might expect me to which is why I have been hesitant to even try this thing. However, I think that one day I still really want to so it’s on my bucket list.
Do you have any bookish bucket list goals? Do you share any of mine? I’d love to know!