Hi everyone, welcome to my new blog post with a few diverse books I love but feel are underrated and are flying under the radar among book circles. In this blog post, I have 12 diverse books that I’ve read and loved, that also have less than 50 reviews on Amazon. Moreover, some of the books also have less than 100 ratings on Goodreads. I have marked these books with a star (✯). These 12 books are in need of some love, and I hope you’ll find a new gem to read and review among these.
The first four books that I definitely feel need more loving are,
- Bearly a Lady by Cassandra Khaw (✯). Goodreads & Amazon link. This book is about a fat bisexual woman of color who also happens to be a werebear and a fashionista. The ship is really cute, and I love how they play scrabble together.
- Fragile Chaos by Amber R. Duell (✯). Goodreads & Amazon link. Fragile Chaos is about the god of war and his sacrificial bride. This ship is on fire, there is serious chemistry, and I love the entire world with the gods and goddesses.
- The Little Queen by Meia Geddes (✯). Goodreads & Amazon link. This is a novella written in the style of a fairytale about a young queen who goes on adventures to learn about herself and on her journey falls in love with another young girl.
- The Paths We Choose by Maria Hollis. Goodreads & Amazon link. This book is a new adult story about two girls in a no strings attached relationship who fall in love and find out that there is something more between them.
Another four books I think are flying under the radar are,
- Keeping Her Secret by Sarah Nicolas. Goodreads & Amazon link. This book is about an Indian bisexual teen who meets an old friend at camp. A prank war starts and soon thereafter the two girls realize there’s more than friendship between them.
- Roller Girl by Vanessa North. Goodreads & Amazon link. Roller Girl is about a trans woman who joins a roller derby team where she finds an outlet for her emotions and female friendships. At the same time, a coach/player romance develops.
- Rumor Has It by Farrah F. Polestico (✯). Goodreads & Amazon link. This one has the fake dating trope and is about a girl and a boy who are costars in a Shakespeare school play. The book gets bonus points for stargazing scenes.
- We Awaken by Calista Lynne. Goodreads & Amazon link. This book is about two asexual girls who find each other in the land of dreams and end up taking a trip to New York City together for one of the girl’s ballet audition.
The last four books I think are seriously underrated and under the radar are,
- North To You by Tif Marcelo (✯). Goodreads & Amazon link. This is a foodie and second chance romance novel where the ship is absolutely adorable. This couple loves tourists traps and falls in love after ups and downs and some family drama.
- Plastic Wings by C.T. Callahan (✯). Goodreads & Amazon link. Plastic Wings is about an apocalyptic future where there are angels and the line between good and evil is blurred. The main character is asexual and of color and I just love the ship.
- Unicorn Tracks by Julia Ember. Goodreads & Amazon link. This book is about two very different girls who fall in love while on safari in search of, and while studying, unicorns and other magical creatures. I love how great the characters are.
- Dirty London by Kelley York. Goodreads & Amazon link. Dirty London is about a girl figuring out who she is and how to deal with her sexuality in high school. This book explores love, friendships, and sisterhood in the best way.
Have you read any of these books? If not, you really have to. If yes, I really hope you’ve left a review on Amazon and/or Goodreads. You guys know how important those are. Do you know any diverse books that are flying under the radar?